Welcome to the Swann-Morton Sharps Training Portal
Login & Registration
If you have not registered with us yet, please complete the form opposite to get started. We will then send you your unique ID number to your chosen email address.
This course has been accredited by the AfPP for 2 hours continuing education. Upon successful completion of the modules and exam you will receive a certificate by email as evidence for your portfolio.
Register To Get Started
Trainees will be able to:
- Identify the risks associated with handling scalpels and describe how and where injuries can occur.
- Describe the legal frameworks surrounding sharps safety and the key elements of safe systems of work to protect employees at risk.
- Explain safest way to attach and detach a scalpel blade from a reusable surgical handle.
- Identify elements of good practice when handling scalpels before, during and after surgery.
- Explain how to use Swann-Morton safety engineered scalpel devices safely.
- Recognise the importance of training, familiarity and context when evaluating and introducing safety engineered scalpels.