Welcome to the Swann-Morton Sharps Training Portal
Login & Registration
If you have not registered with us yet, please complete the registration form to get started. We will then send you a registration confirmation email to your chosen email address.
Register To Get Started
Trainees will be able to:
- Identify the risks associated with handling scalpels and describe how and where injuries can occur.
- Describe the legal frameworks surrounding sharps safety and the key elements of safe systems of work to protect employees at risk.
- Explain safest way to attach and detach a scalpel blade from a reusable surgical handle.
- Identify elements of good practice when handling scalpels before, during and after surgery.
- Explain how to use Swann-Morton safety engineered scalpel devices safely.
- Recognise the importance of training, familiarity and context when evaluating and introducing safety engineered scalpels.